This page lists all the planned promotion of Thirteen. It's a work in progress. Details will be added as they become available. I needed to get this page up to link to it in the July 1 newsletter, so details are a little sketchy on some
I've divided the promos by territory. Please remember that I have 3 English-language publishers (US, UK & Canada) That means 3 separate marketing plans. By law, contests are available only in the territory of the sponsoring publisher (as are any promotions involving signed books)* Other promotions, such as online chats, are open to all, regardless of the sponsoring publisher (though I've noted those to give them credit
- Twitter chat July 23rd at 3PM EDT (sponsored by Dutton) This is the day before release, so it'll be spoiler-free. To join in, follow me on Twitter (@KelleyArmstorng) or just follow the hashtag (to be provided) on the chat date.
- Goodreads chat July 31 (sponsored by Dutton) This one will go all day, with readers posting questions and me answering. This is a week past release, so it'll be open season on spoilers! Links and details to follow.
- Random House will sponsor a second Twitter chat later in the summer for those who miss these two. It will include spoilers. Details to follow!US Only
- Necklaces! Dutton is giving away 13 necklaces designed to match the one on the cover of Thirteen. To enter, you'll need to provide proof of preorder or take a photo of yourself with one of my books. Details here: http://www.penguin.com/thirteen
- Signed Books! I signed 1800 copies of Thirteen for Dutton. Here is a list of bookstores that bought them and links telling how to get one: http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/forum/index.php?topic=33025.0Canada Only
- T-shirts! Random House is designing T-shirts and will give these away via Facebook and Twitter. They're also giving me about 100, some of which I'll save for events, but some I'll give away in contests, which will be international. Details on all to follow.
- Signed book giveaways on Retreat by Random House (URL to follow shortly)
- Goodreads.com contest. All details to follow.UK Only
- Cover Art Posters! Orbit is doing a "countdown to 13" contest, giving away a signed poster of a book cover each day. For details, see facebook.com/orbitbooksUK or follow them on Twitter at @orbitbooks
* I can't ask other publishers to run the same contest or promotion for their territory. They have their own marketing plans. I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with these decisions (yeah, can you tell I catch flak everything I announce something is "only for readers in xxx"?)