Kelley Armstrong Forums Back to Kelley Armstrong site
October 21, 2014, 02:48:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Promotion, Chats & Contests for Thirteen  (Read 15935 times)
Kelley
Administrator
Deity

Author

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »

This page lists all the planned promotion of Thirteen. It's a work in progress. Details will be added as they become available. I needed to get this page up to link to it in the July 1 newsletter, so details are a little sketchy on some Wink

I've divided the promos by territory. Please remember that I have 3 English-language publishers (US, UK & Canada) That means 3 separate marketing plans. By law, contests are available only in the territory of the sponsoring publisher (as are any promotions involving signed books)* Other promotions, such as online chats, are open to all, regardless of the sponsoring publisher (though I've noted those to give them credit Smiley )

International

- Twitter chat July 23rd at 3PM EDT (sponsored by Dutton) This is the day before release, so it'll be spoiler-free. To join in, follow me on Twitter (@KelleyArmstorng) or just follow the hashtag (to be provided) on the chat date.

- Goodreads chat July 31 (sponsored by Dutton) This one will go all day, with readers posting questions and me answering. This is a week past release, so it'll be open season on spoilers! Links and details to follow.

- Random House will sponsor a second Twitter chat later in the summer for those who miss these two. It will include spoilers. Details to follow!

US Only

- Necklaces! Dutton is giving away 13 necklaces designed to match the one on the cover of Thirteen. To enter, you'll need to provide proof of preorder or take a photo of yourself with one of my books. Details here: http://www.penguin.com/thirteen

- Signed Books! I signed 1800 copies of Thirteen for Dutton. Here is a list of bookstores that bought them and links telling how to get one: http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/forum/index.php?topic=33025.0

Canada Only

- T-shirts! Random House is designing T-shirts and will give these away via Facebook and Twitter. They're also giving me about 100, some of which I'll save for events, but some I'll give away in contests, which will be international. Details on all to follow.

- Signed book giveaways on Retreat by Random House (URL to follow shortly)

- Goodreads.com contest. All details to follow.

UK Only

- Cover Art Posters! Orbit is doing a "countdown to 13" contest, giving away a signed poster of a book cover each day. For details, see facebook.com/orbitbooksUK or follow them on Twitter at @orbitbooks

* I can't ask other publishers to run the same contest or promotion for their territory. They have their own marketing plans. I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with these decisions (yeah, can you tell I catch flak everything I announce something is "only for readers in xxx"?)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:11:22 AM by Kelley » Logged

Project Status
Blackwell 3 - Thor's Serpents - awaiting final edits
Forsaken - awaiting edits
Cainsville 3 - first draft delivered
Tess's Secret - first draft done
Age of Legends 3 - first draft done

Currently working on...
editing Empire of Night while writing a just-for-fun book - everything's done so I'm playing
Amaya
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »

cannot wait Smiley

Rapunzelle
Acolyte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »

That's amazing.  Smiley
Will there be any signed books in the uk or is it just us and Canada?Huh Huh
mammayeo
OWG Member
Demi-god

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for giving us a heads up I'm traveling in July but I will still have my laptop and be able to toss my hat in the contests. Smiley I want a shirt. Tongue

bibliophile
Acolyte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »

So excited! Thanks for the info! I canceled my pre-order from another site and instead pre-ordered a signed copy from Barnes & Noble (I had an old gift card I needed to use, so it worked out perfectly)!

As a note, you have the first two internet chats both listed as July 23, and it looks like the second one should be the 30th or 31st instead (you wrote that it's a week after the release).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:22:59 PM by bibliophile » Logged
Everything Rainbow
OWG Member
Demi-god

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:18:24 PM »

I love that they are all doing different things, but makes me jealous of the others hehe I would love a poster! But the necklace is awesome Smiley

Placida
Demi-god

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

Can't say I'm feeling Aussie Pride right now! I think the Aussie publishers need to jump on the bandwagon!

lunafairy
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:53 AM »

Thank you, its always so great how much you give to your readers!

Live each day like he deploys tomorrow!
suzi1811
Demi-god

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 04:56:05 AM »

Gonna have to set a reminder for myself to sign in for the twitter chat (and figure out the UK time! I'm rubbish at figuring out time differences! My mum is expert though considering she has to keep track of appropriate times to call Chicago, Texas, Ghana and Nigeria to speak to her Sister's, brother and my two brothers!) Have to remember Goodreads as well! Getting really excited for the book now! It's getting so close to the release date!
Rapunzelle
Acolyte

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »

Hi people
so excited about these competitions

Is anyone out there from the UK

Has anyone been able to find info about the cover art posters on facebook or twitter. I cant find anything on facebook and have a twitter account

Please let me know
 Huh
suzi1811
Demi-god

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »

Hi people
so excited about these competitions

Is anyone out there from the UK

Has anyone been able to find info about the cover art posters on facebook or twitter. I cant find anything on facebook and have a twitter account

Please let me know
 Huh

Hey, I'm from the UK! I've checked as well but it may not be up yet cause I think it'll be from the 11th probably so it can be a 13 day countdown to the book cause that seems to be how the US publisher is doing it, one prize a day over 13 days leading to the book release day so the other publishers UK and Canada are probably gonna be following the same time frame. I'm gonna keep checking the pages to see.
Rapunzelle
Acolyte

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 05:08:50 PM »

Cool thanks suzi
I will post if I find anything sooner than the 13 days before Smiley
mammayeo
OWG Member
Demi-god

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 12:22:23 AM »

I added Random house to my facebook and I'll add it to my twitter later. Yay! I don't want to miss my chance at putting my name in. Smiley I love contests. Tongue

sevy
Neophyte

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 06:25:36 AM »

Hi
Will you do something for France ??  Wink
Or is it possible to buy (or receive) a signed copy anywhere??
Will you do a special edition for all the women of the otheworld books ??
Thanks
Everything Rainbow
OWG Member
Demi-god

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »

Hi
Will you do something for France ??  Wink
Or is it possible to buy (or receive) a signed copy anywhere??
Will you do a special edition for all the women of the otheworld books ??
Thanks

If you want this answered, you'll have more luck putting it in Ask the Author. Kelley doesn't always read the comments posted Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: