Kelley Armstrong Forums Back to Kelley Armstrong site
September 16, 2014, 03:17:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding the tv show "Bitten"  (Read 1368 times)
miki
Master

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2014, 08:39:01 AM »

Hi Kelley,

I was wondering if Bell Media's SPACE holds the rights to the OtherWorld series in its entirety? The press release states "Based on the best-selling Women of the Otherworld novels by Canadian author Kelley Armstrong..." & the on screen credits also refer to novels, (dropping the Women of). Does that include thru 13, along with the shorts & novellas?

You are credited as a co-executive producer, is that mostly an honorary title? or does that refer to the initial feedback you gave them? I know you've said you are very much hands off.

I saw that imdb had you credited with writing 3 episodes but that in an interview you said that hadn't come to pass, would you post on your site or tumblr if it happens? Here's hoping to future seasons...

Regarding another imdb note, is costume buyer Sarah Armstrong any relation?

I loved the Pack camaraderie in the sparring scene in episode 2.

Thank you, hope you are enjoying a nice cozy fire while snowed in
Kelley
Administrator
Deity

Author

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:02:31 AM »

"I was wondering if Bell Media's SPACE holds the rights to the OtherWorld series in its entirety? The press release states "Based on the best-selling Women of the Otherworld novels by Canadian author Kelley Armstrong..." & the on screen credits also refer to novels, (dropping the Women of). Does that include thru 13, along with the shorts & novellas?"

No, they wanted Bitten, Stolen, Broken, Frostbitten and the Pack prequels only, so that’s all they have. I suspect the only one you’ll see on the screen is Bitten (to some degree) and then it will go off onto its own stories. You can't do Stolen without Paige, Savannah, Xavier, Leah, Adam, Cass etc and they've made it clear they won't be using those characters--only werewolves.

"You are credited as a co-executive producer, is that mostly an honorary title? or does that refer to the initial feedback you gave them? I know you've said you are very much hands off.”

Co-executive producer is 100% honorary Smiley

"I saw that imdb had you credited with writing 3 episodes but that in an interview you said that hadn't come to pass, would you post on your site or tumblr if it happens? Here's hoping to future seasons…"

They asked me to write one an episode for season one, and I was very excited by the prospect…then I didn’t hear any more about it. I very much doubt they’d ask me now because, while the first few episodes stuck relatively close to Bitten, I’ve heard that changes significantly mid-season. Writing for season two would be like writing for someone else’s characters and plot. I’ll stick to my own Smiley

"Regarding another imdb note, is costume buyer Sarah Armstrong any relation?"

She’s no relation. Sorry!

Project Status
Blackwell 3 - Thor's Serpents - awaiting final edits
Forsaken - awaiting edits
Cainsville 3 - first draft delivered
Tess's Secret - first draft done
Age of Legends 3 - first draft done

Currently working on...
editing Empire of Night while writing a just-for-fun book - everything's done so I'm playing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: